Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Choice

I choose not to be a common man, it is my right to be uncommon if I can. I seek opportunity, not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me. I want to take the calculated risk, to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I refuse to live from hand to mouth. I prefer the challenges of life to a guaranteed existence, the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia. I will not trade freedom for beneficience, nor dignity for a handout. I will not cower before any master nor bend to any threat. It is my heritage to think and to act for myself, to enjoy the benefits of my creations, to stand erect and face the world boldly and say: “THIS I HAVE DONE”.

Tags: , , , ,

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter